Saturday, July 18, 2015

Day 7



The Spokane Tribe
Day 7
            After a long day of driving thru Spokane and terrible traffic, we landed in the Spokane Reservation just north of Spokane. There is pine trees spread thinly around our camp site but enough to provide shade on our tents. As a break from all our hard work and traveling, Mr. Warren of the Spokane Tribe and Department of Natural Resources and is head of Program Coordination took us to a local lake where everyone on the trip went swimming! I was glad to get my feet wet and spend some time just swimming and having fun. The lake was cold and warm in a spots creating a relaxing environment. Also the lake was deep with an unreachable bottom. We probably spent a little over an hour just swimming and comparing cannon balls. Alden of Heritage University showed off his Hawaiian diving skills in the lake. It was a fun a day and hopefully we’ll head back to the lake and enjoy ourselves again before leaving the reservation.
            We are also introduce to Wellpint High School which is well updated high school providing Native members resources to a good education and a fabulous weight where we are currently working on our blogs. I’m truly sorry if I’m not up to date with you current readers but we are some areas that don’t provide internet or the local Starbuck’s has some really slow WiFi. So to catch you up, we’re having a wonderful time with every group and individual we meet from Oregon’s Forest Service to Mr. Paul Lumney. Everyone has been great and provided a new point of view that I was never introduced. I never knew the various jobs needed for the Forest Service and Paul provided an insight on Native American culture threaten by  modern civilization. I hope I’m providing a enough information of my travels. I know there is a lot more I’m not blogging about but do leave some comments on any questions you have and I’ll get back to you.

Till the next episode…

No comments:

Post a Comment